Monday, March 3, 2014

Wrestler Spotlight: Interview with Booglie Jungle Prince #montreal #wrestling #interview @IAmBooglie @promotions_ncw @TortureChamberW

The Wrestler Spotlight at Montreal Moonsault is a semi-regular column focusing on the top talent the region has to offer. Sometimes we will spotlight well known wrestlers, sometimes it will be up and comers. This week, I had the pleasure of sitting down with Booglie Jungle Prince (@IAmBooglie), current NCW Triple Crown Champion and ranked #46 in Quebec at lutte.com.



@mtlmoonsault: Where are you from ?

@IAmBooglie: I am from the Amazon jungle


@mtlmoonsault: How and when did you get into wrestling? Where did you train?

@IAmBooglie: I got in to wrestling because my brother has a friend who used to wrestle in the Quebec indy scene, she went by the name of Moonlight. One day my brother asked her where I could go to start training and she is the one who told him that Sylvain Grenier had a wrestling school. So I started training in 2010 with former 4 time WWE Tag Team Champion Sylvain Grenier. This was an amazing opportunity for me because I was being trained by someone who has been were every wrestler dream to make it. Right now I am currently training at the Torture Chamber Pro Wrestling Dojo with none other then Dru Onyx. This is the best school for anyone who want to start training to become a pro wrestler.


@mtlmoonsault: Who are some of your influences past and present?

@IAmBooglie: A lot of wrestlers have influenced my wrestling style, most fan always say I remind them of a young Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka, which is an amazing compliment but there are 3 wrestlers who really influenced me. Kurt Angle because he is just a wrestling machine. Everything he does in the ring is crisp and there is no wasted motion or movement. Everything he does is just so intense, I want to be able to be as intense as Kurt Angle. Hayabusa is also one wrestler who I watch a lot. He is a former Japanese wrestler. But my biggest influence has to be Eddie Guerrero. Everything he did was on point. I believe that we was the total package, the perfect mix of entertainment and pro wrestling.


@mtlmoonsault: Can you name a few accomplishment that you are most proud of?

@IAmBooglie: I have not been wrestling for that long but I have a few. This year is the first time I was ranked in the Quebec's Top 50. This year I also won the NCW Triple Crown Championship. I was also named NCW'S rookie of the year but what was even more satisfying was that I was runner up for NCW'S wrestler of the year and most popular wrestler of the year which, even if I did not win, it showed me that I am on the right track for success. But my biggest accomplishment was being on TV for TOW on RDS 2. That was an experience I will never forget, to see myself on TV. I wish that wont be the last time I will be on the big screen.


@mtlmoonsault: When you're not wrestling, what keeps you busy?

@IAmBooglie: Video Games, Mangas, Basketball, Music.


@mtlmoonsault: Where can we see you wrestle next?

@IAmBooglie: You can see me wrestle at every NCW show or with the TOW but if you want more info add me on facebook @Booglie Jungle Prince or follow me on twitter @IamBooglie.You can also see me wrestle at The Ultimate 8 tournament Friday March 7th 2014 at the LGH center (10 015 Avenue de Bruxelle) This is a tournament with 8 of the top junior heavyweights in the province competing for the number 1 spot and this year is my first year competing in this prestigious tournament.


I want to thank Booglie Jungle Prince for taking the time to be a part of this interview. You can follow him on Facebook and on Twitter. And don't miss him at Torture Chamber Pro Wrestling's Ultimate 8 Junior Heavyweight Tournament on March 7th.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Montreal Skyline - Jonathan Dempsey Photography